Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Easiest Oatmeal Cookies Ever

1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups uncooked quick oats

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine sugar and butter; mix well. Add flour and baking soda. Stir in oats. Roll into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets and press slightly. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on cooling rack. Makes 2-3 dozen, depending on size.

I made mine bigger, so my yield was 2 dozen.
And I was almost out of butter sticks, so I combined it with the low-fat vegetable spread in the big tub -- the store brand equivalent of country crock.
And I added 1/2 cup raisins.

So my Easy Oatmeal Cookies didn't turn out exactly as pictured in the Cookie Book. They tasted delicious, but they spread out really, really thin, and they kind of folded/squashed themselves into odd shapes when I took them off the pan. I blame the "butter."

The original recipe, not my improvised edition, is from the WE Energies 80th Anniversary Cookie Book. If you follow their directions, you'll have better luck. Either way, they're great with coffee or hot apple cider.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret Cloud said...

This is as easy as it gets, and I like to make mine larger also.

12/16/2008 8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, nothing like real butter. I love easy oatmeal cookies.

12/16/2008 11:19 AM  
Blogger M. Butterfly said...

Looking forward to trying this tonight(I know I'm late in responding, but this si what came up in my "oatmeal cookies" search). Great blog, by the way!

4/02/2012 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.