Thursday, September 04, 2008

Actual "discussion" at the supper table

We were discussing, of all things, social skills and social awkwardness.

La Petite: I have good social skills. *Braaap*
Husband: That's *Braaap* Excuse me. Care to try that again?
La Petite: *Braap* Excuse me. Was that better?
Me: (hides behind napkin and pretends not to be at the table with these two heathens)
Husband to La Petite: She's going to blog this.
Husband to me: It's spelled B-R-A-A-P.

Where was Amigo? In the den, already finished with supper, laughing and wishing he could belch on command like his sister and father can.

Happy Love Thursday, everyone. I hope your families are more civilized than mine.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's too funny. Sadly, we have similar conversations at our house but they usually end with my son laughing so hard he falls out of his chair. :)

9/04/2008 9:06 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Hahahahhah! Awesome! Sounds like my house!

9/04/2008 9:49 AM  
Blogger Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

You know. I kinda wish that was exactly how it is at my dinner table. My older girls can be so prim and girly it KILLS me, and the younger boy needs some serious boy skills examples...

9/04/2008 11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 2 that can Braaap on command. Such skills:)

9/04/2008 1:28 PM  
Blogger Flea said...

What the heck? My daughter is a belching queen too. I can't belch to save my life.

9/05/2008 12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, have things changed in two generations... I grew up in a very British-Canadian house and while dinner was a time for lots of laughter, it was also VERY polite.

No belching and if a burp slipped out, it was immediately followed by an "excuse me" - to which my mother would then quote something from my grandfather about being better to letting it out and dying of shame than holding it in and dying in pain... (so we weren't that uptight I suppose) ;)

9/05/2008 2:58 AM  
Blogger Minnesota Matron said...

More civilized? No! All of my children can burp the ABCs. . .

9/07/2008 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.