Saturday, August 23, 2008

Olympic Conversations

While watching swimming:


Me: Who's that?
La Petite: Michael Phelps.
Me: I didn't recognize him. He looks like an ordinary guy.
La Petite: I recognized his torso.
Me: chokes on coffee


Amigo: It's road racing now. I think it's motorcycles.
Me: It's actually bicycles.
(Remember, he's visuallly impaired, can't see the tv well)
Amigo: It sure sounds like a motorcycle.
Me: Oh, now they're showing a different angle. The camera following the bikes is on a motorcycle. That's the motorcycle you're hearing.
Amigo: Okay, I knew there was a motorcycle.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Hee, hee. I watched Michael Phelps swim enough that I could also recognize his torso. :)

8/23/2008 8:38 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I think that qualifies as a "Mom" moment.

8/23/2008 10:29 AM  
Blogger Flea said...

:)

Phelps looks a little like Fred Gwinn to me.

8/24/2008 3:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The torso! Ha!

8/24/2008 4:03 PM  
Blogger Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

your kids are very attentive to details ; )

8/24/2008 8:38 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Good thing we have kids because otherwise I would be so stupid. They help me point out the obvious! lol And his torso is very nice isn't it?

8/24/2008 11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I think you have a really sweet site. It feels good from the moment the window opens. The name (made me smile after a single, pregnant second), the colors, all of it. I'll subscribe right now.

8/26/2008 1:56 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Thanks, writer dad!

8/26/2008 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.