Friday, August 15, 2008

Bargains! Bargains galore!

Now that I've got your attention -- Best Bargain Find Ever? Okay, PBN, I'm a bargain shopper, a coupon clipper, and a comparison shopper, too. Singling out one bargain as the Best Ever is nearly impossible. Here are a few examples:


*the inexpensive "calendar mug" form the corner gas station: free coffee on the dates in red
*Amigo's winter coat from the consignment store: a brand name jacket for $20
*swag! Husband picked up a mini jump drive that is the perfect size for my school files.
*books for my classroom from Savers' thrift store: great titles, great price, and I had a newspaper coupon for $5 any purchase greater than $5. Fabulous!
*my new purse from the outlet mall, brand name, half price, will last forever!
*messenger bag for school - already marked down, then entire luggage dept. on 50% the day I bought it
*anything purchased at Steve and Barry's for $8.98!


Planning ahead and being aware is the first step in finding great bargains. Last December I made my list, checked it twice, grabbed my Very Important Customer discount card, and headed out to Kohl's to shop. I knew what I was looking for, so I didn't overspend. It was a big sale day with early bird specials, so I shopped in the morning. After these specials, I used my Kohl's charge and the additional 15% discount coupon. End result: they practically paid me to shop. I watched the numbers on the register go down, down, down, until I couldn't believe how little I paid for the cart full of presents!

Bargain shopping? I'm there, whether it's online or brick and mortar.


Parent Bloggers Network is doing their part to help readers watch their wallets during this economic downturn by co-sponsoring this blog blast with Couponers.com.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Blogger Club 166 said...

I still remember when an external 500MB drive cost upwards of $1000. Now they can be had as give aways.

Ain't technology grand? (squirming a bit about submitting bad grammar on a teacher's blog, darn those nuns!)

Joe

8/15/2008 8:53 AM  
Blogger Flea said...

Suh-weet. That first one's only good if the shops coffee is decent. :)

I have a couple of thumb drives I never use. My Hunny's school gave them to him, and he already has several. I have no clue what to do with them.

8/15/2008 10:13 AM  
Blogger Amy Y said...

One of my favorite bargains is www.paperbackswap.com ~ free books! And a great way to get rid of unwanted paperbacks...

8/15/2008 10:41 AM  
Blogger Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

Can I shop with you????

8/15/2008 7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Mr. T and I will have to swing by steve & barry's when we do his back to school shopping. Wow.

8/16/2008 11:24 AM  
Blogger Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Planning is definitely key to not spending too much. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

8/18/2008 2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my favorite bargain site is www.mamabargains.com - a fresh concept, and an addiction at that! fun site, great products, and ive got a closet full of christmas presents and shower gifts for those future events - now ill always be prepared!!!

8/19/2008 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.