Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Chicken a la Mom

I can't call it a la king, or a la queen, for that matter. This was more of a Chicken Experiment, really, and it turned out well. The refrigerator, while not bare, doesn't have much in it right now, so I'm relying on the freezer and the back hallway pantry. But wait...I have fresh herbs growing on the deck! In cappuccino mugs! Okay, that's irrelevant.

Experimental Chicken

Olive oil
Four chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can diced tomatoes (do not drain!)
1/4 cup diced green onions
1/4 cup diced celery
1/4 peppers, green, red, yellow, or mixed (optional)
1 Tablespoon each fresh rosemary and basil
lemon pepper
Leftover vegetables, already cooked (optional)

In large skillet or electric frying pan, brown chicken breasts. Remove from pan and dice. While dicing chicken, begin sauteing celery and green onion (and peppers). Add can of diced tomatoes, undrained. Stir in can of cream soup. Add chicken back into the pan, and sprinkle with rosemary, basil, and lemon pepper (to taste). If you're adding leftover veggies, do it now. I added peas and corn. Heat through; let simmer to thicken. Serve over egg noodles or rice or pasta of choice.

Optional: I wished I'd had green peppers. I would have cooked them with the celery and green onion. Come to think of it, red or yellow peppers would add color and flavor to the mix.

Note: Husband doesn't like celery, so I used very little. La Petite doesn't like mushrooms, so I couldn't use cream of mushroom soup. Amigo prefers pasta to rice, so this time I chose pasta. If you're not a tomato fan, add a little water to the soup instead of the canned tomatoes. About 1/2 cup should be fine.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaelithe said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my home blog as well as MOMocrats. I'm a gardener, too, but you seem to be more advanced than I am so I'll be coming by for advice!

7/01/2008 4:19 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

This sounds really good! I'll have to try this.

7/01/2008 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.