Saturday, June 07, 2008

Shoulds are, as always, bogus.

I should have washed the windows when I filled the minivan with gas.
Reality: I didn't have much time.
End result: I bought coffee instead, left the windshield-washing for later.

"Crop dusting" at neighborhood park should have been done on a weekend or outside school hours.
Reality: DNR had only a finite window of time, did it during the school day.
End result: My minivan got coated with the sticky film of an organic insecticide.

Car wash should have taken care of it.
Reality: Car wash track broke down as my minivan entered.
End result: Minivan front end covered with soap, washing code noted (in soap) on side window. Sticky coating of organic insecticide still present.

I should get a free car wash!
Reality: I had already paid. No refund available.
End result: Credit issued, I can go back to get the wash done when they're fixed again.

Update: I went back to the car wash on a cool and cloudy day. The line was non-existent, and the service was great. the minivan is finally clean.
Now there's rain in the forecast, but that's fine with me.

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Sounds like it was one of those kind of days. It's the saying "The road to H*## is paved with good intentions". My husband will often say he should do or should have done something. His intentions are good, but the task will remain undone.

6/09/2008 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.