Is your home childproofed?
2. Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your own children. I just hope my children don't decide to give me that "gift" anytime soon.
3. Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young. At age 6, I could ask "where did you hear/learn that?!" At age 16, I don't really want to know.
4. Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said! And when the kid doing the quoting has a near-photographic memory, you're screwed.
5. The main purpose of holding children's parties is to remind yourself that there are children more awful than your own. Doing time as a Girl Scout leader can fill this purpose, too.
6. We childproofed our homes, but they are still getting in. And I must admit it, darn, they're cute sometimes. I just hope mine will support me some day in the style to which I'd like to become accustomed. Heck, let me dream.
Labels: family lifeStumble It!