Thursday, April 03, 2008

I can see the ground!! And -- and -- more!

It's not exactly aesthetically pleasing. Muddy brown, with old half-decomposed leaves, sunbleached boards that soaked up their share of snow for months, and a snake-like dead zucchini vine.

It's not traditionally beautiful. The trellis is falling down, and that is an old broom handle leaning against the wall. One lone (dead) raspberry bush, if you can even dignify it with the term, stands weakly in the dirt, untrimmed last fall and uneaten by the neighborhood wild bunnies over the winter.

But walk around the corner and look closely. Not green, but red: the rhubarb is poking its head through the matted blanket of last fall's leaves. Mmm. I can taste the muffins already.

Happy Love Thursday, everyone. I hope you'll all see the sun, and soon.

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! The snow is gone! Yay for rhubarb...even though I've never had it. But it's alive and looks lovely amongst all the leaves!

4/03/2008 5:22 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I'm so jealous. In the part of my yard where I Will Build A Garden Someday, there's still a foot of snow.

4/04/2008 5:44 AM  
Blogger Flea said...

Rhubarb! I had a rhubarb stalk once, while visiting a boyfriend's home in Minnesota. I've always heard rhubarb pie is delicious!

4/04/2008 6:52 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

I work and work on my yard and never seem to make any progress. Still it is fun. I am jealous of your rhubarb, I love rhubarb!

4/04/2008 7:48 AM  
Blogger Club 166 said...

Spring!!

Longer days, new beginnings.

I feel like Snoopy dancing on his toes.

Joe

4/05/2008 9:24 AM  
Blogger Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Lucky you with the rhubarb. I keep forgetting to get a patch of it from my mom...Enjoy those muffins!

4/07/2008 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.