Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ah, youth, where hast thou gone?

I'm not a "Cat Lady." I don't have a shopping cart full of cat food, ice cream, and frozen pizza -- for one.
But that's only because I'm allergic to cats and my husband does the grocery shopping.
So I had to laugh out loud when I read Melanie's post describing her exciting Friday evening shopping trip.
I don't go out in public in sweats, but that's only because mine are too ratty to wear outside the bedroom. My track suits count, though, in the uber-casual category, and I do go out in public wearing those.
Sometimes splurging on myself doesn't mean a single-serving pizza, but an omelet with all the fixings. Cooking it myself is a fun solitary activity, with the exception of the clean-up. But going out to the diner alone for an omelet doesn't really cut it; I'd rather curl up with a good book in one hand and a coffee mug in the other.
This weekend I'll be a little too busy for curling up in a corner by myself, and I have to dress professionally on Saturday. But since I'll be visiting La Petite on Friday night and Saturday, I might end up treating both of us to a simple but fun pizza or simples restaurant meal. I'll have to promise not to wear sweats, though. She might refuse to be seen with me if I do.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Flea said...

"Embrace your inner cat lady." Oh yes. Hey! We just had French bread pizzas, which is mucho fun and yummy. Worth a shot. Even in sweats.

4/24/2008 5:58 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

My inner cat lady wears sweats under her nightgown and a flannel shirt at the same time. My mom and I call it the Yooper look.

4/24/2008 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.