Thursday, March 27, 2008

We also need...a list for this

I admit it. My name is Daisy, and I'm a list-maker. Our summer vacation, the first in four years, is still in the planning stages, but I have list potential growing on the same back burner.

Things we should look for now so we don't pay full price later


  • A bike rack for the minivan. Amigo's bike will take up a great deal of the minivan's interior. In fact, I'll probably put the cooler in the bike basket and my suitcase under its back wheels. Our bikes (mine and Husband's) will go on a rack on the back bumper. This ought to be a good season for buying a rack like this, so I'll start reading the sporting goods stores' ads in the Sunday papers. Something will turn up. A visit to the bike shop may help, too.
  • Husband needs a bike helmet; they're required by law in Canada.
  • Amigo thinks I need a swimsuit. Hah! Not a chance. If I wade at the beach, I'll wear my capris. I should, however, make sure Amigo's suit still fits him.
  • Travel size generic meds. Let's see -- goodies to ward off headaches, stomach-aches, and motion sickness can fill up the little pocket of my purse.
  • Sunscreen. Sunglasses.
  • Reading material! Right? Shouldn't I get a few books for the long drive and the ferry ride, too? Okay, I give in, that can wait.

And... I have a new post up at MidCentury Modern Moms today. "My" day is every other Thursday. Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try the Recylist in Kaukauna (off the CE trail) for the bike rack and helmet. I got our rack for the van from them--it holds 4 bikes, comes on and off easily, and cost $45 used. They're VERY helpful there, too!
Sunscreen. Your hope inspires me;)

3/27/2008 10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a recovering-list-maker and your post reminded exactly why it is I hate shopping for bathing suits!

Wading alongside you, in my capris!

3/27/2008 11:23 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Ooh, I need to try the Recyclist! A close friend bought her bike there and loves the place and the staff. Thanks for the suggestion!

3/27/2008 12:01 PM  
Blogger Flea said...

Try craigslist and your local want ads too.

3/27/2008 7:32 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

OOH, I'm a list maker too! I have sticky note lists all over the place!

3/27/2008 9:08 PM  
Blogger Club 166 said...

-Passports, if you don't already have them.

-Prescription meds in their original bottles, and copies of any prescriptions, in case you run out.

Joe

p.s. A used good quality bike rack will serve you much better than a similarly priced lower quality new one.

3/30/2008 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.