Saturday, March 22, 2008

A trip to the French place

Amigo needed underwear. How's that for a boring excuse for a trip out of the house? Well, he's a growing teen. So I headed out to the nearest Tar-jay and picked up his necessary items.
Typical of my shopping trips, though, I made a side trip through the bargain aisle for some Easter basket goodies, stopped and thought about a tote bag to replace my broken purse, looked at the latest in Brett Favre commemorative t-shirts, gazed at the rack of spring-fever Milwaukee Brewers shirts, and then went to the checkout. On the way there, I decided to spring for the tote bag. I'll use it for our trip this summer, if not all summer. Then a bag of peanut M&Ms in spring pastel colors jumped into my cart, and I headed to the checkout for real. I had exact change (yippee! get rid of pennies!), and then I loaded my bags in the van and left.
Next stop: the thrift store down the road. I bought jeans for Amigo and then (does this sound familiar?) got distracted on the way to the checkout by a garden display. I bought seeds in a brand I've never used before. Most look usable, but I didn't bother to put on my glasses, so any fine print escaped me. I hope they grow! Next, I noticed the book aisle right next to the checkout. I bought (gulp) three. Then I felt guilty for buying used books because the authors don't get paid for resales, so I checked out. Finally.
So instead of coming home with just one bag of underwear, I carried in two bags from Tar-jay and one heavy bag from Goodwill. And I didn't bring my own bags, either, darn it. I've got to do better on that count.

Next job: fill minivan with gas before prices go up again. What else will I find there? Coffee, perhaps? Mmm. That sounds like an errand for me.

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting to put my reusable shopping bags in the car, too. Now that you've reminded me, I may run down to the garage and do that right now.

3/22/2008 9:26 AM  
Blogger Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

I know, I know. The worst part is, I HAVE them in the car and FORGET to take them in until AFTER I'm at the checkout line. Twice I've run back out for them, other times I say 'bag' it.

And I love your 'Tar-jay' story. I avoid it if at all possible. I have a neighbor who will pick up stuff for me even, so I don't have to step one foot in!

I'm thinking of banning Costco too, for the same reason!

3/22/2008 8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing always leads to another, doesn't it?

3/23/2008 12:43 PM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

Hi Daisy, thanks for stopping by my blog. It is nice to meet you. I shop that way too. I rationalize that I am saving gas by getting all the extras while I am already there.

3/23/2008 7:15 PM  
Blogger dawn klinge said...

This sounds so much like me! It reminds me of the book, "If you give a mouse a cookie..."

3/23/2008 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.