When she grows up, will she still bring her laundry home?
To understand just how big this is, you need to know a few things.
- This is a milestone birthday: her 21st.
- La Petite grew up in the shadow of Lambeau Field. Literally. When she drove her boyfriend through the old neighborhood and showed him the proximity of the home to the Packers' complex, his response was, "Wow. I always thought you were exaggerating. You weren't."
- Green Bay Packer games have been sold out since the 1960s. Season tickets get passed down in wills, fought over in divorces, and in general are more vaulable than gold.
- The Packers' current 10-2 record (and the unspeakable possibility of a major quarterback retiring) have made single game tickets expensive and rare.
- Her boyfriend isn't a big football fan, and his favored team is (having a poor season) somewhere in Florida.
So she came home Friday night to gather her green and gold and wrap a present for her dad. And as she walked in the door, she politely let me know, "Mom, I didn't pack any clean clothes. Could you, like, start laundry tonight?"
Well, at least she's old enough to bring up the laundry baskets and help. Stumble It!