Friday, December 28, 2007

On watching too much television

Random thoughts, in no particular order, while sipping strong coffee and watching the snow fall


On watching The Weather Channel: Looks like we'll get steady snow, as expected, and those east of the lake will get more. Okay with me; I enjoy winter, but I have family on the road today. I want them to reach their destinations safely.

On watching CNN: I remember reading about Benazir Bhutto many, many years ago in my first subscription to Ms. Magazine. She was an incredibly strong woman. I was impressed by her then, and I'm saddened by her assassination now.

On more Weather Channel: The Southeastern U.S. is finally getting a little rain. I hope they get a significant amount, but not so much that they get floods. Dry/ drought-ridden land doesn't absorb sudden deluges very well.

On watching CNN: Pakistan elected a female prime minister decades ago. Granted, she had corruption within her administration, eventually ended up in exile, and more, but really.... How is it that our own progressive country still thinks gender is an issue for a presidential candidate?

On catching a bit of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood: Hey, this is refreshing. Snore...get me more coffee...maybe I should go outside and shovel....

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Flea said...

Send us some snow in Tulsa, will ya? And some of that strong coffee ... mmm ... coffee ...

12/28/2007 5:30 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

So much snow!!! The snow banks at the end of our driveway are five feet tall already, and it's not even January.

12/29/2007 5:48 AM  
Blogger raqgold said...

we had some snow and it melted after a few hours. you are right about watching tv, it hurts to watch the news sometimes.

12/29/2007 9:11 AM  
Blogger Flea said...

Daisy, I've tagged you for the 7 unusual things about yourself meme. I hope you have time to answer. :) The rules are at my blog.

12/29/2007 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.