Sunday, September 16, 2007

Funday Sunday and online shopping

I did some shopping at a familiar online store yesterday. I need pants (my new principal is a stickler for professional dress), so I bought a brand I know will fit. Then I went to the checkout and found out I was just shy of the amount for free shipping, so I bought socks. Then I found out that my 15% discount took me below the threshold for free shipping, and shipping was going to be $12. I said to myself, "Self, if you're going to spend an additional $12, get something for it." So I went to the kitchen department and found the soup bowls that we need. Four soup bowls added the exact amount I needed. Now I had to pay for the soup bowls, but the shipping was free.
Does this make sense? I hope so.

And I found this... perfect for the highchair quarterback. Fortunately (or not), my "children" are too old to use it. But they still cheer for the green and the gold as we have our own at-home tailgate style parties.
Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

I guess making sense would depend on how much more the bowls were than the shipping. As for the highchair gear, my kids would be thinking it was a grandchild hint even though they know I don't do that.
(Sorry, no cheeseheads here unless it's the lesser of two evils. I personally don't do football.)

9/16/2007 12:28 PM  
Blogger Pieces of Me said...

Now that's a shopper ... I wish I could shop like that . I don't have the guts.

9/16/2007 8:10 PM  
Blogger mommy~dearest said...

Absolutely makes sense to me! In fact, I think your post is considered "motivational", so I should go online now and shop.
Thank you!

9/17/2007 10:04 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

I have done this before too. And like you, I find something else "needed" to make up for it. I consider it to be a great shopping deal!

9/17/2007 11:01 AM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

Makes absolute sense to me--you can't beat that kind of logic :)

9/17/2007 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.