Sunday, July 29, 2007

I rock!

Scribbit has awarded me the Rockin' Blogger award! I read her almost daily and I really enjoy her site, so based on its source, this recognition is a great compliment. I shouldn't let this go to my head, but she described me as "... an excellent writer and has a top-notch blog I love." Wow!

Many of my blogging virtual friends are in Chicago this weekend for the BlogHer conference. (My last trip to the big city included a hot, steamy baseball game, not a businesslike conference.) I chose not to go to BlogHer, but I will look into the transcripts of sessions from the volunteers who were sweet enough to live blog them. Meanwhile, I will rest with the knowledge that even though I'm not hobnobbing with the blogging A-listers, according to at least one marvelous blogger, I still rock!

Compost Happens is approaching a major milestone: my 10,000th hit. I didn't add the stat counter immediately in the beginning, so there are a few hits missing, but I know it didn't miss a significant number. I think I may have to have a party when I reach 10,000.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger S said...

Hey! Congratulations! That's wonderful.

You rockin' blogger, you.

7/29/2007 11:51 AM  
Blogger Maddy said...

You party away dear!
Best wishes and congratulations on the award.

7/29/2007 1:03 PM  
Blogger Butrfly Garden said...

Congratulations on both!

7/29/2007 4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! You so totally rock!

7/29/2007 10:04 PM  
Blogger Debra said...

Hey, my trip to BlogHer included a baseball game (Sox/Tigers)! And who says we were a business-like conference? My memory has to do with cutting up t-shirts, listening to great music, and have a 2 day "oh my God, I LOVE your blog" fest!! Lots of love. And great sessions, too.

Hope you consider coming next year.

7/31/2007 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.