Saturday, June 09, 2007

#300 and an Appropriate Meme

Memes, or suggested questions, permeate the blogosphere. I got "tagged" by Believer in Balance, and I thought Post #300 would be the perfect place to complete it.

When did you start blogging?
I started almost a year ago, in June 2006. Just a few months earlier, I had mentioned to someone that I make time to read, but I don't make time to write. Now, with a blog that wants refreshing regularly, I make time to think like a writer and post my thoughts.

What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
It started as an attempt at self-therapy. To that end, it's been successful. Posting my experiences, hearing from others, and reading blogs from people in similar situations, contribute to a general feeling that hey, I'm not alone after all! The act of thinking something through and rephrasing and summarizing it for a concise, clear blog post can help me clarify it in my mind as well.

What makes your blog unique?
Unique? Well, where else can you read about a Cheesehead mom who teaches, gardens, composts, reads, and occasionally writes poetry, among other adventures? Come back often enough, and you'll find something you enjoy.

What's your best quality?
It's a cross between creativity and patience. My friends might add intelligence, but I think by itself intelligence is overrated. It needs to be applied and injected into life. Jeopardy would be fun.

What is your worst quality?
I give in too easily. I don't like conflict, so I become a mediator and peacemaker. That, while it sounds like a positive, causes stress which in turn affects my health and well-being.

I really can't think of enough bloggers who haven't already been tagged for this one, so I'll leave it wide open. Just leave the link in the comments so we can find you if you decide to do it!! Consider it part of my "tri-centennial" celebration. Let the fireworks begin!

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.