Friday, May 04, 2007

Vacation Station

There were plenty of us doing the Friday Dance at school today. Good weather, Friday, and spring energy were enough to make the kids bounce off the walls today. I had to end silent reading early because three boys decided to sing a song about wedgies. Rather quietly, but the sound carried just enough. Yergh. I need a break.
Fifth grade wasn't dancing; they were marching. Today was their annual Civil War Reenactment. They were in "uniform", divided into North and South, with water bottles in their haversacks, wooden drill pieces over their shoulders, and ready to go. They marched from one station to the next and learned about army food, mail call, clothing of the time, and more. Semi-professional reenactors helped stage the day. The kids learn so much! It's truly a highlight of their year.

TGIF, because I need a break. I don't get out much. I've mentioned that before, and noted that it's okay. I'm not complaining. When I do go somewhere for an evening or a vacation, I enjoy it. Scribbit's latest Write-Away Contest has Vacation as its theme. Interested? Go North and West (from Wisconsin, that is) to Scribbit's blog if you'd like to enter the contest or read the posts that have already been entered. I entered this post. Vacation is a state of mind.

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Maddy said...

I saw that on Scribbit's too [much too technically complicated for my little brain]
Cheers

5/04/2007 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.