Thursday, May 17, 2007

progress in small steps

Today, there was progress. Not big steps, but significant progress in small steps.

My stress-induced stomach ache was much better this morning. (I suppose the evening nap followed by nine straight hours of sleep helped.)
I waded through three large stacks of papers, graded them, and recorded them in my gradebook. I can see the computer mouse now, and the screen is next, I'm sure.
I ate lunch in the lounge and didn't feel too guilty.
It was chaos in my class because of individual band lessons and the all-school bike rodeo. Most of the peer mediators who were volunteering to help out at the rodeo were in my class, too, so I think I had the entire class together for, oh, maybe ten minutes all day. I think (I hope!) I got all the work to all of the kids so they can get it all done and handed in tomorrow. (I hear you laughing -- let me dream, okay?)
My class behaved and participated well in the bike rodeo when their turn came.
And last, but not least:
In honor of Ride your Bike to School Day, I did. I rode my bike to school. It is a small accomplishment, but I'm proud of myself. And as the Gershwin brothers once said, "No, no they can't take that away from me!"

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.