Friday, April 27, 2007

Random Thoughts and random links on a lovely spring day

Can I call it window shopping if I'm looking at a computer screen? I was surfing through some of the deals the pretty Mir discovered at Overstock.com, and I found this. I'm not sure why anyone would want a serving platter held up by elephants, but it is, um, well, unique.

It's Friday. It's a true TGIF. I'd love to do nothing all weekend, but I have a heavy bag full of papers to correct and score before Monday. Maybe I'll do them on the deck with a cup of hazelnut coffee by my side. Ah, now we're talking! I made these muffins last weekend. Maybe it's time for a batch of rhubarb muffins. I could use up the rhubarb in the freezer before the fresh stuff grows and ripens.

I ordered/ downloaded the ebook Jumble Pie by Melanie Lynne Hauser. It's a definite "girlfriend" book, and I plan to read more of it this weekend. Just me, my laptop, and a bagel and I'll be happy.

We've had a cold week, and our heater was temperamental. Husband changed the batteries in the thermostat, and now all is well. Is that all it takes to heat a house -- two AA batteries?

I'll be judging another music festival next weekend. Amigo's IEP is coming up soon. After that, I have a long day at a track meet with my students. And then, well, I've arranged for a personal day to regain my sanity and bring a few empty boxes to La Petite to help expedite her move home for the summer. And if I just happen to stop at the outlet mall on the way there...well, it IS on the way.

And then I'll have another three and a half weeks to finish teaching my students everything they need to know, pack up my own teaching materials, and clean up the classroom I'm leaving. Included in that time period is a school-wide field day, a tour of the middle school, and numerous other events. Somehow, I know I'll get it all done. I might have to buy out the neighborhood Starbucks to gather enough energy, but it'll get done.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Scribbit said...

So glad you liked them--of course I've never met a muffin I didn't like. :)

4/28/2007 1:26 AM  
Blogger Mary Witzl said...

Rhubarb muffins? I would love to know how to make them. I have a rhubarb patch, and every year I end up with more than I really can use. I make rhubarb and apple crumble and rhubarb-lemon marmalade (a big hit with my youngest daughter). After that, though, I end up begging the neighbors to take it off my hands, and they can't find enough things to do with it either. So do post that recipe when you can and I will be grateful. I was out in my garden this afternoon and noticed that the rhubarb has been fairly tumbling out of the ground...

4/28/2007 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.