Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Mort update

It's good news, I think. The podiatrist confirmed that my left foot is home to a neuroma. She wants to start with non-invasive treatments to shrink it as much as possible. We ordered new orthotics (that will surely finish off my deductible for the year). She prescribed a strong anti-inflammatory. I need to wear flat shoes. Totally flat shoes. All the time. Sniff, sniff; my new boots with the one and a half inch heel are too tall because they will put pressure on the ball of my foot, which has the nasty little bundle of nerves in it. My cute Skechers and my new Keds (from the clearance rack) are good, though. They're cute and they're flat. Both have comfy soles, too. And last, but not least, she gave me a (gulp) cortisone injection. Oh, my, if she hadn't had my foot in hand I might have jumped sky high. Ow, ow, and ow! Fortunately, the shot had a little numbing agent mixed in with it, so blessed numbness has set into that area. As the guy on Night Court used to say, "I'm feeling much better now!"
I'm relieved that I didn't have to dig into my calendar for the best possible week for surgery. The doctor even said that she hesitates to remove these things surgically unless it's absolutely necessary. I can live with that. In fact, it relieves a great deal of stress to know that we'll be trying other treatments for six to eight months before even considering surgery.
That's good news for any semi-regular readers, too. You won't have to slog through posts written under the influence of painkillers and the aftereffects of anesthesia. On the other hand, posts under those circumstances could be quite entertaining! I'll pass, at least for now, and I'll settle for a cup of Cafe Vienna (sugar free) in my Pillsbury Doughboy mug.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.