Friday, September 15, 2006

simple pleasures

*sitting on a backyard swing after supper and feeling the week's tension drain from my shoulders
*watching El Grande pet the neighbor's dog and explain to me, "she's not whining, she just has anxiety."
*enjoying the scent of clean red cedar litter in the bunny hutch
*giving a now-healthy bunny his last dose of antibiotics
*harvesting a monster tomato just as it ripens
*seeing two green zucchini trying to grow
*handing a bunny a big leaf from the broccoli plant and seeing him practically inhale it
*knowing the final Jeopardy answer, er, question
*getting email updates from La Petite at college
*snuggling a bunny in the backyard swing, listening to crickets chirping
*knowing that my alarm won't go off at 5:30 tomorrow morning
Now that's priceless.

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger MM said...

I love this.

I could kiss El Grande...anytime you can write about him, it helps me.. it heals me...

How?

Is it the simplicity in contrast with my (self-induced) complexity?

I crave these simple observations, the descriptions of a life different than mine, but the same -

9/15/2006 10:24 PM  
Blogger Vanda said...

I don't work anymore, but the weekends are still days to laze around and not do much household stuff.

Enjoy not getting up to the alarm.

9/16/2006 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.