Happy Independence Day!
So here's my quiz for you. I'll give you the answers tomorrow. Some are harder than others!
- Which patriotic song contains these lyrics:"...thine alabaster cities gleam, undimmed by human tears."
- Francis Scott Key wrote his poem, The Star Spangled Banner, during a battle in which war?
- Name the famous speech that ends in these words: "...that government of the people, by the people, and for the people shall not perish from the earth."
- Julia Ward Howe wrote new words to the song "John Brown's Body". It became this well known Civil War song.
- Which well-known composer wrote "The Stars and Stripes Forever"?
- Can you name the patriotic song that Fozzie Bear sings as he and Kermit are driving cross-country in the Muppet Movie? (This one's for you, Mom!)