Happy Independence Day -- follow up
1. Which patriotic song contains these lyrics:"...thine alabaster cities gleam, undimmed by human tears." Hint: the same verse contains these lyrics as well: "Oh, beautiful, for patriot dream, that sees beyond the years..."
2. Francis Scott Key wrote his poem, The Star Spangled Banner, during a battle in which war? Hint: The young upstart United States was fighting the big bad British -- again.
3. Name the famous speech that ends in these words: "...that government of the people, by the people, and for the people shall not perish from the earth." Hint: The president who gave this address was a talented speaker and debater.
4. Julia Ward Howe wrote new words to the song "John Brown's Body". It became this well known Civil War song. Hint: you've probably sung it, or at least the refrain.
5. Which well-known composer wrote "The Stars and Stripes Forever"? Hint: All piccolo players know the piece, and you may recognize his initials, JPS.
6. Can you name the patriotic song that Fozzie Bear sings as he and Kermit are driving cross-country in the Muppet Movie? Hint: Fozzie sings this as he and Kermit drive across America admiring the spacious skies and majestic mountains and the changing landscapes they see.
Try it! Maybe the hints will help. Now imagine the Jeopardy "think" music in the background while you're working. No pressure! Stumble It!