Tuesday, October 26, 2010

More comfort food: Easy Oatmeal Cookies with Peanut Butter

I've been making a lot of comfort food lately. That says a lot about my state of mind; I'm baking for the comfort of baking itself, and I'm choosing to make things that satisfy the family's need for simple homemade treats. There's something very comforting in knowing that when I mix the right amounts of flour, sugar, butter, and a few other key ingredients, the results will always be tasty.

Easy Oatmeal Cookies with Peanut Butter

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups uncooked oats (quick oats are best)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sugar and butter and peanut butter; mix well. Add flour and baking soad; stir in oats. Roll into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets and press slightly with a sugared fork. Bake at 350 for 8 - 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool oncooling rack. Makes about 3 dozen.

Simple, delicious, and satisfying.

The original recipe was in WE Energies' 2008 Cookie Book; I added the peanut butter. If you find your cookies a little too moist, cut back on the butter or add flour/oats. I liked the texture of mine just like this.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to make these--but I'm adding chocolate chips because I'm bad that way.

10/26/2010 10:09 AM  
Blogger Earth Muffin said...

Ok, you say quick oats work best, but can old-fashioned be used? Just curious. Could you please email me an answer? Thanks! -EM

10/30/2010 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.