Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Easiest Cranberry Sauce Ever

1-2-3 Cranberry Sauce

1 cup water
2 cups sugar
3 cups cranberries

Bring to a boil, then simmer 20 minutes or until all the berries have burst. Add cinnamon to taste. Serve warm.

Now, the backstory. I brought this recipe home from kindergarten on a sheet of construction paper. We made it at home since it was so easy. It became a standard at Thanksgiving dinner, the tradition lasting long after the original paper faded.
A generation later, my kids started helping me make it every year. If we have leftover cranberry sauce, I use it in jello or add it to muffins. This little piece of my "saucy" childhood continues, along with Thanksgiving memories that will never fade.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheryl (papernapkin) said...

That sounds yummy! I think I'll make it for Thanksgiving.

11/18/2008 10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm one of the 3 people in my husband's family who eat it, but I do love it.

11/18/2008 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.