Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Such a sacrifice for the greater good

Actual conversation (more or less) with Husband


Me: Dear, I found this really easy recipe for Beer Bread. In fact, it's called Beyond Easy Beer Bread. And if I bake it, well, may I use a bottle of your beer from the fridge or should I run out to Flanagan's and pick up something less worthy?
Him: Uh -- well --
Me: Don't worry, I'll understand if you'd rather I left the good stuff for actual drinking.
Him: Is any special kind recommended? Like, do light or dark beers work better?
Me: This recipe doesn't really specify. Although it's possible that a cheapy like Badd Light probably wouldn't work as well.
Him: I meant... well, um, okay. (Nods)
Me: Are you sure?
Him: Yes. You can take a bottle (gulp) of my beer to bake beer bread.


Well, I did promise I wouldn't take any of his favorite specialties like New Glarus Spotted Cow or Fat Squirrel. And maybe, just maybe, I'll have to visit a couple of local brew-pubs to get some goodies for his birthday or Christmas. Because, you know, he's making such a sacrifice for the good of his wife's baking. And the family's holiday eating. And all that.

And if everyone really likes it, and I need to make a double batch next time....

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole Pelton said...

Whoa, the sacrifice :) Mmm...beer bread.

12/04/2007 5:27 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Great to mop up the gravy from a beef in beer casserole too!
Cheers

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

12/04/2007 6:54 PM  
Blogger Amy W said...

Love beer bread...

12/05/2007 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.