Sunday, October 21, 2007

If you can read this, well, you can read between the lines.

I could tell it had been a long, busy week at school. All the signs were there.

On Friday:
I pulled into the Jo to Go drive-thru at 6:45 a.m. and the barista knew what I wanted (16 oz. hazelnut, black, keep the change).
I pulled into the school parking lot and realized I'd gotten my coffee, but forgotten my ID (smart card for building entry) and room key.
I reached for my coffee and realized that my ID was sitting on the dashboard of the car from the night before.
More teachers were in jeans and casual, comfortable clothing than I've ever seen in this building. Even the principal was in a (stylish) workout suit.


Can you tell it was parent-teacher conference week? Busy, productive, and exhausting. I'm ready for a nap.
And I still have one more night of conferences to go.
Thank goodness for the long weekend coming up.

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man parent teacher conferences? Is this what I have to look forward to? Hmm cant' wait, I don't think I have ever seen a teacher wearing jeans! AND I WIsh I had a cup of hazelnut coffee right now!

10/22/2007 2:06 PM  
Blogger Club 166 said...

It sounds like the weekend is just what you need. Hope it's a quiet one!

Joe

10/23/2007 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.